WILLIAM MADISON TUTOR FAMILY CEMETERY - HARNETT COUNTY, NC
Contributed by Mike Tutor
April 18, 2004
The William Madison Tutor family cemetery can be accessed by driving through or walking through
Gertrude Johnson's fields. The stones are located within a tree line across a field from the
remains of several buildings, including William Tutor's old house. All that remains of the house
are the stone porch and fireplace. The property is located south of Duncan, North Carolina. There
are eight people buried in the cemetery:
1. William Madison Tutor, b. 1807 - d. 8/2/1892
2. Harriet Ligon Tutor, b. 1822 (wife of William Madison Tutor)
3. Alfred "Ap" Young Tutor, b. 7/16/1853 - d. 9/3/1940
4. Lottie Honeycutt Tutor, b. 7/1857 - d. 1909 (wife of Alfred "Ap"
5. John Tutor, b. 6/6/1887 - d. (son of Alfred and Lottie Tutor)
6. Glover Tutor, (son of Alfred and Lottie Tutor)
7. an old aunt is buried here, her name unknown at present
8. an old aunt is buried here, her name unknown at present
Stones 1, 2, 7, and 8 rise six foot out of the ground and are of
Stones 3, 4, 5, and 6 rise only three foot out of the ground.
Very little can now be read on the stones but otherwise the stones seem
to be in good condition.
Back to Harnett Cemetery Index
Back to Harnett County Homepage Index
You are the
visitor since April 18, 2004