The purpose of this site is to provide as a directory for NC-related e-texts/documents that may be useful for your family history & genealogical research. As part of the NCGenWeb Project, we envision this site as being of use to browse and locate texts at either the state level and/or the individual county levels. You will find that some of these texts will be linked from the individual county pages, but a central location can also prove useful for overall discovery.
Some items to know as you navigate:
- all is not perfect yet! we need to go through and standardize the look of some of the pages; but, we’ll get there – just bear with us
- items are organized by major topics (see left sidebar)
- on each topic page, items are organized by those most relevant across the state, followed by categorization at the county level
- sometimes, an e-document will be listed in more than one category
- if you know of something we’ve missed – tell us!