- Davie County: A Brief History, by James W. Wall
- Civil War Roster of Davie County, North Carolina
- (article about book) Sisters Pen Book on Civil War Roster from Davie County
Other Publications Known to Exist:
(try searching the secondary book market on Amazon, Ebay, or Abebooks)
1. Census 1850, by Forsyth Co Genealogical Society
2. Deeds (1836-1850) & wills (1836-1900), by Jo White Linn
3. Marriages 1836-1900, by Nancy K Murphy (Davie Co Genealogical Soc)
4. Marriage bonds 1837-1868, by Frances T Ingmire
5. Taxes 1843-1847, by Mrs. Jo White Linn
6. Wills 1836-1900, by Jo White Linn
- Boone Family: A genealogical history… Google Books copy, downloadable PDF
“Several maps are available for purchase: Hughes Historical Documentation Map (pre-1800), the Lagle Land Grant Map (late 1700s), the 1887 Alderman map, and the 1928 Merrell map. Andrew Lagle‘s work in researching and creating the Davie land grant map was recognized and honored by the Historical Society with a memorial plaque to the library.” (Quote from Davie County Library history/genealogy page). The link is to the index for the map, which can be ordered from the library.
Current Townships & Towns
Townships are: Calahaln, Clarksville, Farmington, Fulton, Jerusalem, Mocksville, and Shady Grove.
Towns are Bermuda Run, Cooleemee, and Mocksville (county seat).
Unincorporated communities are: Advance, Cornatzer, Farmington, Hillsdale, Sheffield, and Viking.