TO ORDER MAPS SOLD BY DAVIE COUNTY HISTORICAL AND GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, click here
- Lagle Land Grant
- Hughes Historical, 1700’s, drawn in 1977
- J.T. Alderman, 1887
- Wilson F. Merrell, 1928
ARTICLE DESCRIBING DAVIE COUNTY MAPS: click here
- Historic Maps online at UNC
- The North Carolina Gazetteer is online.
- Topographic Maps
- 1895 Map of North Carolina
- With Google Earth, you can see aerial views starting with 1993. At the top of the map, look for a round clock with an arrow around it. Click on that and you’ll get a slider with the years available to be seen. Some of the images are not focused real sharp, but you’ll still be able to enjoy them. To download GoogleEarth, click here.
- With Google Maps, you can create your own maps which you can save. Suggestions: mark on a map where your grandparents’ home was located, where they’re buried, where they went to school. This also gives you latitude and longitude which will be a marker for that spot in spite of changes in structures. You must have a free Google account. Google Maps is available without downloading a program. For information, click here.
- How to search Davie County land records online
- Post Offices of the Past
Latitude and Longitude
Townships, Towns, and Communities
Townships in 2016 are Calahaln, Clarksville, Farmington, Fulton, Jerusalem, Mocksville, and Shady Grove.
Towns are Bermuda Run, Cooleemee, and Mocksville (county seat).
Populated communities are Advance, Baltimore, Bermuda Run, Bixby, Bryan(t)’s Settlement, Calahaln, Cana, , Cedar Creek, Center, Clarksville, Clinton, Cooleemee, Cornatzer, County Line, Davie Academy, Davie Crossroads (Greasy Corner), Dulin, Egypt, Ephesus, Farmington, Fork, Four Corners, Fulton, Gander Hill, Goodwill Heights, Hickory Hill, Hillsdale, Holman’s Cross Roads, Hunting Creek, Ijames Cross Roads, Jericho, Jerusalem, Kappa (now called Davie Academy), Ketchie’s Mill, Kinderton, Kurfees, Main/Mainville, Marchmont, Mock’s Old Field, Mocksville, Nester, Oak Grove, Oak Valley, Oakland Heights, Pino, Redland, Rockland Heights, Shady Grove, Sheffield, Smith Grove, Stanley’s Store, Yadkin Valley