Surveyed by Myra & Keith Lanier March 2010
Located on N. Williams Road about 1 mile from the intersection of N. Williams Road & Sarecta Road on the left in a field.
- Inscribed on Monument:
- The deceased volunteered on the 1st Aug. 1861 when only 17 years of age, & joined the 1N. C. Cavalry, but on account of physical disability was rejected: & again on the 28 Oct., 1861, he volunteered & joined Capt. Herring’s Co. of Artillery in which he served 9 months, when he was transferred to Co. A 43 Regt. NC Troops in which he served until 1 Sept, 1862 when from feeble health he was discharged from the army.
- Base of Monument:
- Here, Here, is all that still remains of them: This spot of earth is the whole world to me. S. M. G.
- Grady, Leonidas Calhoun 3-30-1844 to 10-24-1863 Age 20 years Son of S. M. Grady
- Grady, Eliza G. 1-15-1825 to 4-2-1861 Wife of S. M. Grady Age 37 years
- Footstone with S. M. G. No other Info
- Footstone with M. R. G. No Other Info
- Footstone wife L. C. Grady
- 2 Footstones No Other Info