Roanoke Beacon Newspaper (Plymouth, NC)
27 Oct 1899
Notes from Trinity College
Dated Oct 20th
– Thursday was given as a holiday to enable the students to attend the
State Fair at Raleigh
– Dr. B.F. Dixon of Shelby, and Mr. S.J. Durham, of Bessemer City, are
on a visit at the Park
– The cottage being built for Mr. Whitehouse, Director of the
Gymnasium, will soon be completed
– Mr. P.H. Hanes Jr., of the Senior class, is a Marshal of the State
Fair, and will also be one at the Horse Show at Winston
– The Freshman Class has organized and elected the following officers:
Pres. B.W. Crawford; Vice President, B.F. Dixon; Secty., C.E. Egerton
– Mr. Chas. E. Turner, Class ’91, Secty. of the Alumni Association,
and a member of the Durham Bar, is very sick at his home in Durham.
He has been in bad health for some time.
– The representatives from Trinity at the debate between Wake Forest
and Trinity will be Messrs. S.H. Stewart, S.S. Dent and Jno. M.
Flowers. This debate will be held Thanksgiving evening in the Academy
of Music in Raleigh.
– The work on the new Dormitory Building at the High School is
progressing rapidly. It is four stories high, and its arrangements
are all complete. Several elegant suites of rooms are provided. All
the rooms at the High School are now taken, and the new building will
be occupied as soon as it is completed