This weekend I’ve added additional newspaper extracts from the Kinston Free Press to the NC People in the Papers database. You can access a list of names in the database so far here.
This update includes items from the June 18 – June 30 1906 issues and added more than 300 names to the database. Remember, this is not a complete index; just items I think have greater genealogical value, in addition to all vitals of local and residents of nearby counties.
Lenoir county deaths reported in these issues include:
- ASKEW, (infant) – 11 month old daughter of John Askew
- HARGRAVE, Katie L. (Mrs.)
- OGLESBY, Beulah – (2 year old daughter of Henry T. Oglesby)
- PATRICK, George Lane
- POTTER, Adeline
- SUTTON Jr., John W.
Marriages added with this update include:
- Maud Luce KING and G. W. GWALTNEY
- Nancy BEST and Robert Peyton BENSON
- Miss Frankie SHIVERS and Robert PHILLIPS
- Laura ROUSE and Ed JONES
- Lillie HOWARD and R.C. JACKSON
The total number of names in the NC People in the Papers database associated with Lenoir County is now up to 377.