I am trying to find some information about the McDowell County poor Farm/Alms house. It may have been in Higgins Township. I am looking for their cemetery or death information on their residence.
I am interested in a Lydia & Martha Davis that lived there in 1900. Martha also lived there in 1910. Her deth record states she died in 1913 & is buried at the Poor farm.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Norman Davis
- June 23, 1900 Census, McDowell Co., NC, Marion, County poor home, House 262-263
- Lyda Davis, Pauper, F, W, March 1835, 65, Single, NC, NC, NC; Martha Davis, Pauper, W, F, May 1855, Single, NC, NC, NC
- April 29, 1910 Census, McDowell Co., NC, Higgins Twp., Page 139, House 46-47
- Martha Savis, F, W, 47, Single, Pauper, NC, NC, NC.
- Note: Living in the McDowell County Poor home.
- Death Certificate: Martha Davis, b. age 50, d. Dec. 28, 1913, Higgins, McDowell Co., NC. Residence: Inmate of County Home. Burial: County Home. Father: Logan Davis. Mother not listed. (Female, White) Informant: Joseph England, Marion, NC. Recorded: March 27, 1914. Note: There was another death certificate that was not complete with death as Dec. 28, 1914.