The Latta Plantation, in Huntersville, NC was built circa 1800 and owned by James Latta, an immigrant from Northern Ireland.
“Built in 1800, Latta Place was owned by James Latta, an immigrant from Northern Ireland. A successful traveling merchant through 1820, Mr. Latta then retired and turned his property into a cotton plantation consisting of 742 acres and 34 enslaved people. After Mr. Latta’s death in 1837, his wife Jane sold the property to David Harry. In 1853, William Sample purchased the property, which was owned by the Sample family until 1922. Crescent Land and Timber, a subsidiary of Duke Power, then purchased the property because of its proximity to the Catawba River, and rented the home out to tenant farmers, until the house was abandoned in the 1950s.” — Text from the About Latta page on the Latta Plantation website.
The plantation also has a Facebook page!