The following is a complete listing of the tombstones in the Ambrose-Hargett Cemetery in Onslow County, NC.
Location On east side of Hammock Beach Road, (west of Swansboro) approx. 2/10 miles north of Hammock Beach Park entrance, approx 200′ from road and approx 200′ south of Ned Lane. Woods cleared and area subdivided into building lots in 1998, with new home near road in front of cemetery. Cemetery kept separate from subdivision but much smaller than original size. Very nice stones but worn. Finial (known to be lotus blossom) on Hargett stone missing. Cemetery cleaned and stones straightened by family in spring 1997. Recorded by Coastal Genealogical Society, 1997. Surveyed by Mel Guss.
- Ambrose, Daniel – b. 4 Jan 1781, d. 2 Sep 1850 – age 69 yrs, 7 mos., 29 days Be just and fear not.
- Hargett, Daniel Ambrose - d. 10 Jan 1872 – age 47. To the Memory of Daniel HARGETT who departed this life Jan. 10 A.D. 1872. aged 47 yrs, 9 mos. 19 days. Those who knew him best loved him most. Dearest father, thou has left us . Here thy loss we deeply feel. but tis God who hath bereft us. He can all our sorrows heal.
- Barnum, Alice Hargett – sister of Daniel A. HARGETT & wife of Charles Barnu. Is known to be buried here. Grave not located.
- Ambrose, Rosamond – b. 1823, d. 1867 – mother of Daniel A. Hargett; sister of Daniel Ambrose. Is suspected of being here by family members but no markers found. The two existing stones are about 20 feet apart and oriented in different directions.
- Barnum, Charles Hicock – b. 1816, d. 19 Sep 1865 – husband of Alice Hargett Barnum. Is known to be buried here. Grave not located.
- Hargett, Rosamond Ambrose – b. 1795, d. 23 Apr 1859 – Mother of Daniel Ambrose HARGETT and sister of Daniel AMBROSE. Grave not located but believed by family to be in this cemetery.