The following is a complete listing of the tombstones in the John W Smith Family Cemetery in Onslow County, NC.
Location On south side of Hargett Ave approx 6/10 mi from Belgrade/Swansboro Rd (SR 1434). Cemetery is in woods on a rise approx 100 ft from rd. Hargett Ave is approx 2.4 miles north of NC 24 on east side of Belgrade/Swansboro Rd. Cemetery is overgrown, and hidden in woods without established path. Stones good cond. Recorded by Coastal Genealogical Society, July 1993.
Surveyed by Mel Guss.
- Smith, Dallas – 11 Mar 1992 to 30 Mar 1923. age 1. Asleep in Jesus blessed thought.
- Smith, John W. - 1868 to 1925 – (lived on Sloan farm, north of Hargett farm. Was killed by a bull)
- Smith, Linnie D. - 22 May 1906 to 3 Sep 1912. age 6. Of such is the kingdom of heaven.
- Smith, Magdalene - 24 Apr 1917 to 30 Sep 1917. age 5 mos. Gone so soon.
- Smith, Mattie Stubbs – 1873 - 6 Sep 1955. Age 82. (wife of John W. 1920 census show middle initial as E. John and Mattie are grandparents of Letha Trott Parker, resident of Silverdale)
- Appearance of 3 more unmarked graves