Newspapers can present a wealth of genealogical & historical information about your ancestors and their families.
- Onslow County Newspaper Articles – various news clippings related to the county
- Newspaper articles submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives
Current Onslow County Newspapers
Former Onslow County Papers
- Camp Lejeune globe. : (New River, N.C.) 1944-1948
- Jacksonville daily news. : (Jacksonville, N.C.) 195?-1954
- Jacksonville record. : (Jacksonville, N.C.) 194?-1947
- Onslow County news and views. : (Jacksonville, N.C.) 193?-1946
- Richlands-Beulaville Advertiser News (Richlands, NC), 1979-1992
- Tideland News (Swansboro, NC), 1979-current
General Newspaper Resources
- NC Newspaper Digitization Project – search the full-text of several different NC newspapers from the mid 1700s – late 1800s. Though no papers from Onslow county are included, newspapers often included information from other areas in the state.
- Library of Congress: Historic American Papers – search the full-text of many different papers across the county, including several from the Southeast. Covers late 1800s-early 1900s.
- New York Times Archive – free full-text of the newspaper from 1851-1922. You can search later articles, but those from 1922-1981 require payment.