BASNIGHT – PAYNE Family Bible (LEMUEL BASNIGHT 1835-1904)
BASNIGHT – PAYNE
LEMUEL and ELIZABETH BASNIGHT
Bible printed by American Bible Society 1850 instituted in the year MDCCCXVL
Lemuel and Elizabeth Basnight, his wife, were married 5 Oct. 1867.
- Hodges N. Basnight was born 29 March 1870
- Nancy E. Basnight was born 23 January 1875
- George A. Basnight was born 10 September 1879
- Hodges N. Basnight died 16 January 1927
- Elizabeth Basnight born 3 September 1840 died 9 August 1918 age 77 years 11 months six days
- Miss Elizabeth Basnight some book, June 13, 1895
- Manliff Twiford
- Lemuel Basnight
- Penninah H. Boyce
County of Dare, North Carolina written by H. N. Basnight
This book is now the property of Mrs. Lora Twiford Basnight 712 Grady Street, Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Bible published by N. Bangs and T. Emory, for the Methodist Episcopal Church at the Conference Office, 14 Crosley Street N.Y.
Azor Hayt, Printed 1827.
Received of Michael Payne four dollars and ninety-six cents in full of all acct.
with A. Dough, East Lake, March 24, 1883. A. Dough for William S. Dough Old and New Testament
- Edward Payne and Nancy, his wife.
- Nancy Payne was born 18 Sept. 1810 lived to be 74 yrs. old
- Edward Payne was born 29 April 1812
- Betsy Payne was born 18 November 1814
- John Payne was born 9 January 1817
- Michael Payne was born 24 October 1819
- Louisa Payne was born 7 December 1821
- Mahaley Payne was born 13 August 1824
- Frederick Payne was born 22 January 1826
- William Payne was born 22 September 1829
- Betsy Payne was born 28 March 1849
- Micajah Payne was born 20 October 1835
- Holly Payne was born 26 June 1834
- John H. Payne was born 7 May 1836
- Lemuel Basnight was born 11 Apr. 1835 and died 24 sept. 1904 age 69 yrs.
- Elizabeth Basnight was born 3 sept. 1840 and died 9 Aug. 1918
This Bible is the property of Mrs. Lora Mae Twiford Basnight 712 Grady Street Elizabeth City, N. C.
Source: NORTH CAROLINA BIBLE RECORDS – Compiled by WILMA CARTWRIGHT SPENCE and EDNA MORRISETTE SHANNONHOUSE. Published in 1973.