- John Barrow, had a grt for land in Perq, 300a, “at Yawpim Creeque, Prec’t of Berkley, at the mouth of little, or Barrows Creeque.” 1681. This land was renewed to him, Apl 24, 1694. He was one of the Justices of Perq, when the precinct was formed, & continued to serve in that capacity, being called Steward, & some time Judge.
- John Barrow m Sarah Sutton, Feby 1, 1668, issue: 1 Johannah b July 10, 1669—2 William b Feby 1, 1671—3 John b June 3, 1674—4 Elizabeth b Dec 25, 1676, d Dec 16, 1687—5 Ann b Aug 3, 1679—6 Sarah b Jan 15, 1682-3—7 George b Aug 4, 1685—8 James b Jany 24, 1687—9 Joseph b April 4, 1690.
- John Barrow d June 10, 1718. His will p in Perq Co, Aug 1718. Sons: John, Joseph, James. Will proven before Gov Charles Eden. …………………………………………….. As he names no other legatees, we are led to believe, his other children, died before this date, also his wife.
- Ann Barrow, (d of John) m John Bentley, Nov 6, 1694.
- William Barrow, (s of John) m Elizabeth Cook (Relict of John) June 14, 1696. issue: William (2) b Feby 9, 1697.
- Elizabeth Barrow b Apl 3, 1710—John b Oct 20, 1713—Mary b Jan —, 1716. These are not placed, from the fact that no father, or mother is mentioned.?
- John Barrow (2) m Sarah — issue: Sarah b Aug 8, 1712, Rebeckah b June 12, 1714. His will p in Perq, Aug 12, 1719, names son: John (3) dau’s Sarah, Rebecca, Elizabeth, & Margaret, wife Rachell. Ex brother Joseph.
- John (3) Barrow will Perq, p Mar 5, 1742. d. s. p. To Sisters Sarah Ashley, & Margaret Barrow, bequest. Cousins John, & Joseph Ashley (nephews).
- Joseph Barrow m Jeane (Bundy?) issue: 1 Sarah b Dec 20, 1720—2 Joseph (2) b Apl 6, 1724. He m 2d Sarah, issue: 3 John b Jany 30, 1730—4 Orpha b June 20, 1735. Mrs. Jane Barrow died June 13, 1727-8.
- Joseph Barrow Will Perq, p Jan 1755. Sons: John, William, dau’s Elizabeth Bunday (wife of Josiah), Ann, & Orpah Barrow, wife Sarah, gr-son William Barrow.
- William & Mourning Barrow, were Orphans of Joseph Jr, 4, 6mo 1753, Sarah Admix. Joseph, & Sarah Orphans of William, June 20, 1771. Charles Moore Guardian. Orpha, & Ann Orphans of Ann Standin, Eri Barrow Guardian. 1798.
- Humphrey Barrow m Sarah, & had Thomas b July 16, 1691.
- Joseph Barrow m Margaret Fletcher, 14, 5mo 1807. (Suttons Creek Mo Meeting.)
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).