- William Barclift had grt for land in Perq 150a on Little River, adj John Godfrey. July 23, 1694.
- Bartlett, William (s of William, & Elizabeth) & Ann Duren (d of George, & Ann) were m Oct 6, 1698. issue: 1 Thomas b Sept 25, 1699—2 William b Feby 17, 1700/1—3 John b Feb 15, 1703/4—4 Samuel b May 18, 1706.
- Bartlett, William, will Albemarle Co, p July 1698. Eldest son: William, (to whom he left a plan’ adj William Arnold) s Thomas, (to whom he left land, adj Thomas Godfrey), Exrs Elizabeth & William Bartlett. Clerk of Court, William Glover. (This was father, of above said William, who m Ann Durant.)
- Bartlett, John (s of Wm, & Ann) m Ann Parish (d of John, who names her in his will, Mar 24, 1739) issue: 1 John b May 13, 1724—2 Ann b Dec 16, 1725. Will of John Barclift p in Perq, July 1759. Wife Elizabeth (2d wife). Sons: Asa, Demson, Benjamin, John, & Noah. Dau’s Mary. & Elisa Sanderson.
- Bartlett, Thomas, (brother of John) will p in Perq, Jan 1750. Names sons: Wm, Thomas, Joseph. Daus: Sarah Bidgood, Elizabeth Wright, Mary Jackson, & Anne Gorden, wife Elizabeth.
- Bartlett, William (2), William (1) m Sarah Weeks, (gr-dau of Thomas Weeks Esq, 1771) His will Perq p Dec 19, 1733, Names only one son William (3), & wife Sarah.
- Bartlett, William (3), s of William (2) William (1) will Perq, p Jan 1748. Sons: Joshua, Samuel, Joseph, Thomas, John, d Mary Gibson, Gr-son William (4), s of Joshua).
- Bartlett, Joshua, will p Perq, Jan 1756. Sons: William (4), James, Blake, daus Miriam & Ann, wife Mary. (She was probably d of Blake Baker, as the name of Blake, appears in that family, as a given name.)
- Eliza Sanderson, d of John Barclift, m 2d — Trumball ( of William) before Feb 4, 1774. John Barclift, in his will bequeathed to his wife, his “brick house.” As there is only one very old “brick house” in Perq, the one on the road to Harveys Neck, this may probably be the same one here mentioned. No one seems to know when this house was erected.
- Bartlett, Thomas, wife Elizabeth, was d of Thomas Holloway (Hollowell). Bartlett, Rachel, (d of Elizabeth) m Francis Foster, before Feb 25, 1777.
- Bartlett, William (4), m Ann Clayton, April 16, 1792. (Mar bonds, Perq Co.)
- Ecursus, Foster: “William Foster, & Diana Harris was Married by Rev Mr Taylor, 1675.” and had according to his will Oct 9, 1687, son Francis, d Elizabeth.
- John Foster, & Ann Williams “were Maried at a Meeting, held at ye house of Hanah Philips, in Perquimans the 1st of May, 1689.” m 2d Elizabeth — issue: 1 Susannah, b Dec 17, 1695—2 Elizabeth, b Oct 17, 1698—3 Richard, b Oct 20, 1701.
- Francis Foster, by wife Frances had issue: 1 Hannah, b Jany 6, 1715—2 Elizabeth, b Apl 1, 1717.
- Francis Foster, of Accomack, (son of William, & Margaret) m Mrs. Hannah Gosby, relict of John (née Nicholson, d of Christopher, & Hanah) “were m Aug 14, 1694, by Mr. John Whidby.” (Justice.)
- Frances Foster (wife of Francis) made her will in Perq, p Jan 27, 1763, naming son William, dau’s Elizabeth Barclift, & Frances Hall, gr-dau Elizabeth Foster. (Elizabeth Foster, d of William, & Ann was b Jany 16, 1741/2.)
- Frederick Foster (relationship uncertain) will p in Perq, April 23, 1784, names: Brother Francis Foster’s children, and children of Gilbert Leigh, Joseph Bateman, children of brother John Foster, sister Sarah Night, brother Ellsberry Foster, sister Winnifred Foster, Francis Pits, Demsey Newby’s widow, Mary Bateman’s children, Mary Maudlin, widow Stevenson.
- John Foster was granted land in Chowan Co (200a) on Yawpim River. Sept 15, 1694.
- Francis Foster was granted land 160a in “perquimans precinct,” on Suttons Creek, Nov 11, 1719.
- William Foster died Oct 10, 1687. His wife Diana m 3d Thomas White (Her 1 husband was Thomas Harris.)
- Ann Foster, wife of John, died Oct 30, 1692.
- Elizabeth Foster was drowned April 25, 1688.
WILL OF FRANCIS FOSTER
(Minute book, 1755-1761, Perq Co.)
To son William, “plantation whereon I live, and two negro men, a negro woman, & two negro boys.” To dau Frances Hall, “a negro wench, and two negro boys. To dau Elizabeth Barclift, “A Negro wench, and a negro woman.” Son William Ex. Test’ James Gibson, Abraham Riggs, Richard Whidbee. Probated Apl 1761.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).