- Robert Beasley recorded his mark, in Perq Co, Apl Court 1689. He was married to Johannah Jenkins, Sept 19, 1689. (Berkeley Par Reg.) He had two grants for land, in Perq, one June 1, 1694, 218a, & the other, May 1, 1694, for 282a. Robert Beasley, had a former wife, Sarah, by whom he had, Francis Beesley, b July 11, 1678, & James, whose age is not given
- Robert Beasley appears to have married three times. Mary wid of Robert Beasley recorded the Division of his Est, 1695.
- James (s of Robert, & Sarah Beasley) m Mary Cropley (d of John, & Ann) Mar 17, 1675. James Beasley, moved to Bertie Co, where his will was p Jan 1758, his only legatee being William Bentley, son of John, who was probably a gr-son.
- Francis Beasley (s of Robert, & Sarah) m Hannah Sutton (d of Joseph, & Deliverance (Nicholson) May 15, 1701. We find him married to Mary — before 1704. Francis Beasley, & wife Mary, had issue: 1 James b Aug 4, 1704—2 Robert b Dec 1, 1707. Hannah wife of Robert Beasley, died Nov 7, 1702.
- James Beasley was a member of the House of Burgesses, Oct 11, 1709.
- Francis Beasley, will Albemarle Co (Perq) p May 20, 1719, names son Jeames, to whom he bequeathed a plan’ on S. side of Perq River, To son Robert, land on Morattock River. Wife Mary. Ex Jeams Beasley (brother). This will was p before Gov Eden. James Beasley, m Miss Ann Taylor, Oct 19, 1773. (Mar bonds Perq Co.) James Beasley’s Division, Chowan Co 1754. Shows children: John, James, Mary, & Thomas, mother Mary Woolard, John, & Thomas Beasley (probably brothers) Mary Payne, wife of Peter. Thomas Beasley, m Martha —.
- William Beasley, dec’d 19, 1mo 1754, Betty Beasley Admix.
- Thomas Beezley, will p July 3, 1733, (no Co given) Sons; John, & Thomas, wife Elizabeth Ex. This will was not made in Perq.
- The will of Samuel Beasley, Nov 13, 1735, names brothers; Francis, & Thomas, Mary Beasley (gr-mother) John Beasley, & James Beasley Jr. Witnesses: William Cropley, Thomas Bentley, & Elizabeth Wells. The witnesses, of this will, prove it to be of Perq Co. (See deeds in Perq, for further data.)
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).