- John Belman, m Sarah Wilson, (d of Robert, & Ann (Blount, d of Thomas), who came to Perq Co, from Isle of Wight Co Va. John Belmans children are given in Symon Creek Reg, as follows: Sary, b 28, 6mo 1688—Ester, b 22, 1mo 1691—John, b 7, 9mo 1695—Robert, b 2, 12mo 1697—Ane, & Mary (twins) b 13, 1mo 1701—William, b 6, 5mo 1704—Ruth, b 11, 2mo 1707. Hannah, d of John, & Sarah b Aug 28, 1689. Berkeley Reg.)
- John Belman, will p in Pasq Co, Jan 1706/7, names only sons: John, & Robert, and wife Sarah.
- Robert Wilson in his will, Perq Prect, p Jan 11, 1696, names his gr-children, Sarah, & Ester Belman.
- Esther Belman m — Turner, at a meeting in Pasq Co. They were allowed to be “free of each, other,” & were charged by the Quakers, “not to let it happen again.” (See Col Rec, Vol I, Quaker Rec Pasq Co.)
- John Belman (2) will Perq Co, p Oct 1740, names as only Iegatees, wife Mary, & d Sarah. After this the Belman family, disappear from the records, in Perq Co. Probably the male line died out, or they moved to parts unknown.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).