William Bundy, the first by that name to appear in Perq, married Mary Pearre (Rellicke of John) Desember 15, 1683. (Berkeley Par Reg, Perq Co.) Caleb Bundy, (who was a brother of William) m Jane Maners, “at ye quarterly Meeting,” July —, 1690.
William Bundy, had previously married Elizabeth —, probably before coming to N. C., who died Mar 4, 1676, by whom he had one son Samuel, b Feby 4, 1676. Also a dau Mary, who was 1st wife of Timothy Clare. In her marriage bond, she is named as his dau. He had by his 2d wife Mary (née Scott) widow Pearre) a dau, Sarah b Jan 23, 1685, who married Francis Pettitt, of Chowan Co.
William Bundy Dept this Life, Mar 27, 1692. Mary Bundy m (3d) Nicholas Simons, June 30, 1692. (Berkeley Par Reg, Perq Co.)
Bundy, Caleb, will Pasquotank Co, names brothers: William, & John. (No date.) He appears to have died childless, & no wife is mentioned.
Little River, Mo Meeting Reg. Gives the following:
John Bundy’s Children: 1 Johnua b 4, 4mo 1717—2 John b 12, 1mo 1719—d 8-2, 1745. 3 Caleb b 12, 5mo 1721—4 William b 21, 1mo 1723—5 Jean b 12, 1mo 1725—6 Benjamin b 12, 12mo 1729.
Bundy, Samuel, (s of William) Planter; of Pasq Co, m Tamer Symons (d of Jeremiah) 5, 10mo 1696, “at the house of Henry White, in Perq.” Had son Jeremiah, b July 21, 1725. Samuel Bundy also had a son Samuel, b July 24, 1724.
The will of Samuel Bundy, Pasq Co, p July 1740, names sons: William, Abraham, Gideon, Josiah, d Jane Pike, (wife of Benjamin) Wife Anne. Cousin Samuel Bundy, wife, Ann, & Thomas Nicholsin Exrs.
David Bundy of Perq, will p April 1750, names brothers: Jeremiah, Moses, & Caleb. Uncle Josiah Bundy. (He evidently died without issue.)
Caleb Bundy, of Pasq Co, will April 27, 1721, Sons: John, Benjamin, Samuel, (to whom he left all his land, “up Little River”) d Mary Bundy (land bought of brother Samuel) gr-dau Liday Bundy, (d of son William). His wife is not named.
Anne Bundy, will Pasq Co, p Dec 1744. Sons: Gideon, (his wife Miriam née Bogue) Abraham, gr-dau Lydia Bundy. (She was widow of Samuel Bundy.)
Benjamin Bundy, of Pasq Co, names in his will, Pasq Co, p Oct 26, 1728, Wife Hannah, to whom he left a plan’ of 1,200a. Brother Samuel Ex.
William Bundy of Perq, will p Jan 1749, names dau Sarah Barrow (wife of Joseph) wife Mary.
The Bundys lived on the edge of Pasquotank Co, & some of them in Perq. They were identified as much with one County, as another.
The children of Samuel Bundy are given in Little River Record, as follows: 1 Mary (d of Samuel Bundy, & Jean his wife), b 24, 2mo 1732—2 Liddah b 23, 7mo 1733—3 Sarah b 5, 3mo 1736—d 19, 9mo 1739—4 Caleb b 28 2mo 1738—d 9, 9mo 1739.
Children of William Bundy: 1 Joseph b 2, 6mo 1745—2 John b 4, 6mo 1752—3 Mary b 28, 6mo 1754.
Joseph Bundy m Sarah—issue: 1 Josiah (no date) 2 William b 15, 11mo 1760—d 27, 11mo 1760.
Josiah Bundy m Elizabeth—issue: 1 Sarah b 22, 8mo 1736—2 Joseph b 26, 10mo 1738—3 Ellis b 1, 7mo 1741—d 14, 3mo 1762—4 Joshua b 18, 4mo 1744—5 Josiah b 12, 4mo 1748—6 Jane b 8, 5mo, 1751—7 Caleb b —, 11 mo 1753—8 Sarah b 18, 9mo 17—.
Caleb, & Elizabeth Bundy,—issue: 1 Dempsey b 16, 4mo 1746—2 John b 10, 11mo 1747—3 Miriam b 1, 8mo 1749—4 Samuel b 28, 3mo 1756—5 Sarah b 9, 1mo 1759.
Bunday, Dempsey m Mary—issue: 1 Zadock b 20, 9mo 1777—2 William b 1, 1mo 1780—3 John b 22, 5mo 1782.
Bundy, Gideon, m Miriam Bogue, (d of William) issue: 1 Lyda b 2, 10mo 1740—2 Samuel b 27, 10mo 1742—3 Sarah b 11, 8mo 1745—4 John b 17, 1mo 1748—5 Miriam b 27, 10mo 1753—6 Christopher b 20, 4mo 1758. Miriam wife of Gideon Bundy d 14, 3mo 1762.
Bundy, Josiah, m Mary Symons, (d of Jehosaphat) 25, 12mo 1766, issue: 1 Lydia b 29, 9mo 1767—2 Elizabeth b 4, 4mo 1769—3 Sarah b 17, 6mo 1770.
Bundy, Joshua, m Elizabeth Bailey, 7, 8mo 1763, issue: 1 Elizabeth b 4, 7mo 1764—2 Sarah b 24, 4mo 1767—3 Ellis b 4, 6mo 1769—4 Hannah, & Penninah, (twins) b 1, 3mo 1773.
Bundy, Caleb, m Miriam (Nicholson) issue: 1 Benjamin b 30, 10mo 1763—Caleb b 16, 5mo 1765—3 John b 24, 10mo 1766—4 Jeremiah b 21, 2mo 1768—5 James b 28, 7mo 1769—6 Hannah b 26, 3mo 1772—7 Moses b 26, 11mo 1774—8 Samuel b 26, 9mo 1776—9 Christopher b 13, 9mo 1777.
Bundy, John, m Lyda Griffin (d of Joseph) issue: 1 Gideon b 31, 3mo 1774—2 Reuben b 25, 11mo 1776.
- Bundy, John, m Elizabeth Keaton (Newbegun Creek In) 16, 6mo 1716.) (Quaker Records, Perq Co.)
- Bundy, William, m Anne Keaton (Newbegun Creek In) 19, 9mo 1719. (Quaker Records, Perq Co.)
- Bundy, Sarah, m Joseph Barrow, (Symons Creek), 2, 3mo 1745.
- Bundy, Abraham, m Naomi White, (Symons Creek) 3, 1mo 1748.
- Bundy, William, m Hannah Morris (d of John & Mary) 6, 10mo 1750.
- Bundy, Miriam, Zadock, William, & Mary Bundy, (children of Demsey, received “Unity” in Quaker Meeting, Pasq Co, 19, 1mo 1788.
- Bundy, Josiah, was one among those holding slaves, in Pasq Co, 15, 9mo 1787.
- Bundy, Jane, Dept this Life, 23, 11 mo 1719.
- Bundy, Caleb, Dept this Life 31, 11mo 1723 (21?).
- Bundy, William, (s of Caleb) Dept this Life 9, 2mo 1721.
- Bundy, Caleb Sr, Dept this Life, 4, 3mo 1721.
- Bundy, Mary (d of Caleb Sr) Dept this Life, 10, 3mo 1721.
- Bundy, Benjamin, Dept this Life, 13, 8mo 1728.
- Bundy, John, Dept this Life 22, 2mo 1731.
- Bundy, Elizabeth, wife of John, d 17, 3mo 1731.
- Bundy, Jean, dau of John, d 30, 1mo 1735.
- Bundy, Elizabeth, wife of William, d 7, 10mo 1748.
- Bundy, Miriam, dau of sd Elizabeth, d Last of 9mo 1748.
- Bundy, Samuel, Dept this Life — 10, 1750, in the 49 year of his age.
- Bundy, Samuel, Dept this Life, 18, 5mo 1753, age 22 years.
- Bundy, Gideon, Dept this Life 17, 2mo 1762.
- Bundy, Mary, (wife of Caleb) Dept this Life 19, 2mo 1762.
- Bundy, John, s of Caleb, Dept this Life 14, 2mo 1762.
- Bundy, Miriam, d of Caleb, Dept this Life 13, 2mo 1762.
- Bundy, Samuel, s of Caleb, Dept this Life 22, 2mo 1762.
- Bundy, Elizabeth, wife of Caleb, Dept this Life 11, 5 mo 1752.
The will of Josiah Bundy, is found in Minute book, 1755-61, (Perq Co Records). Said will dated 28, 12mo 1760. Made bequest to son Joseph, 39a of Wood land, adj where he now lives, To s Gideon all land in Pasq Co, To wife Elizabeth, all land in Perq, “for her Natual life, but not so as to hinder, my sons Ellis, & Joshua, from settling on their part of sd land” also 76a in Pasq Co, on the head of Little River, called “the forks.” To s Joshua the other half of land, adj Francis Nixon, & half on a new Survey in Perq. To sons: Ellis, & Joshua, “all Right in 300a in Pasq Co, & all three patents in Perq, taken up by myself, Thomas Nicholson, & Gideon Bundy.” To s Caleb 76a in Pasq Co, “which I had of Gideon, & Lydia Bundy.” To d Jane a negro girl. Brother Gideon, & sons: Joseph, & Ellis Exrs. Test’ Phin’s Nixon, Tho Nicholson, Joseph Nicholson.
Pasquotank Mo Meeting
- Bundy, Sarah, (Intention) m with John Bell, 21, 11mo 1789.
- Bundy, John, (Intention) m Jemmima Low, 21, 8mo 1790.
- Bundy, Josiah, (Intention) m Miriam Perisho, 15, 12mo 1792.
- Bundy, Moses, (Intention) m Elizabeth Jones, 15, 12mo 1796.
- Bundy, Guliema, (Intention) m Christopher Morris, 18, 2mo 1797.
- Bundy, Pheribe, (Intention) m Isaac Morris, 20, 2mo 1802.
- Bundy, Miriam, was “very much decayed, in mind” 21, 3mo 1801.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).