- Richard Calloway, served on the Jury, in Isle of Wight Co Va July 14, 1664. Nothing further found there, about Richard, or his descendants.
- Caleb Calloway, was living in Perq Precinct, as early as Mar 1, 1661, when he signed the deed made by the Indian Chief, to George Durant, on sd date. He probably bought land from the Indians, as Durant did, but there is no record of such a transaction, to be found anywhere.
- Calloway, Caleb, m Elizabeth Laraunce, 29 —. She was d of Will Lawrence, & wife Rachell Welsh. b Dec 24, 1655. Issue:
- Calloway, William, s of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Feby 13, 1671/2. d Nov 29, 1692.
- Calloway, Dorothy, d of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Aug 16, 1674.
- Calloway, Caleb (2), s of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Feby 21, 1676. d Dec 16, 1687.
- Colloway, Joshua, s of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b July 17, 1679.
- Calloway, Mary, d of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Feb 19, 1681. d June 7, 1698.
- Calloway, John, s of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Sept 13, 1684. d Dec 18, 1687.
- Calloway, Karhale, d of Caleb, & Elizabeth, b Feb 16, 1686.
- Caleb Calloway died, June 15, 1706.
- Calloway, Elizabeth, widow, m 2d John Pearre, (s of Wm & Margrett) 16— (no date).
- Caleb Calloway’s will p (in Perq, but Co not given) June 13, 1706. He left to son & Ex Joshua, a “plan’ on Yawpim River” names d Rachel, wife of John Wiatt. Gr-dau Elizabeth Wiatt, wife Elizabeth.
It seems from this will, that all his other children were dead. The records do not show what became of Dorothy, & Karhale.
- Joshua Calloway m Elizabeth, (thought to have been a d of John Stepney) Issue: Elizabeth b Apl 13, 1716, m Robert Harman (s of Robt, & Elizabeth Freeman).
- Ann b Feby 26, 1718/19. (Roman Calendar.)
- Samuel b Feby 5, 1731/2.
- Joshua Calloway had also a son John, (no record of his birth) who was given liberty April Court, 1744, to “Chuse his Gardian.” (Minute book Perq Co.)
- Joshua Calloway appears on the Tithe List, in Berkeley Parish Perq Co. 1740, with 4 Tithes.
- John Calloway was Sheriff of Perq from Nov 25, 1751, to Mar 28, 1758. He was dead Mar 7, 1772. (Loose papers Perq Co.)
- Joshua Callaway, will p in Perq Co, July 1742. Names sons: Thomas, John & Caleb, and dau Elizabeth Harman, gr-d Elizabeth Callaway, (d of Caleb) wife Elizabeth
This will proves that Joshua Calloway had as well as John, a son Caleb, & son Thomas, whose ages are not recorded, in Berkeley Par Reg.
- Caleb Calloway (3) m Alice, (widow Calloway m 1st Joseph Pierce—his widow Feb 28, 1729). Issue: Mary b Dec 20, 1737. m — Barto, Caleb (4) b Apl 22, 1742.
- Caleb Calloway was on the Tithe List in Perq 1740, with 3 Tithes.
- Thomas Calloway (s of Joshua) m Isabel Gerratt, Mch 20, 1728. (no record.)
- John Calloway m Johanna —
- Issue: Elizabeth b Dec 31, 1750.
- Zebulon b Oct 15, 1752.
- Joseph b Dec 2, 1757.
- Zipporah b Jan 10, 1761.
- Sarah b Apl 20, 1766.
- Thomas Pierce died before Oct Court 1757, when his Estate was divided, among the several representatives; To Alice Calloway “mother of sd dec’d” one part, to Mary Barto, “sister of the half Blood” to Caleb, & John Calloway, “brothers of the half Blood” each a part.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).