- Jane Charles had a grt for land in Perq 200a on “Southwest side of Western Branch of Yawpim Creek, at a branch that divides sd land from Robert Harmon,” Apl 1, 1694. She appears on the Rent Roll of Perq, prior to 1700, with 287a of land. The records do not make plain exactly who this Jane Charles father was. She is named in two of the Charles wills, as a sister. She died d. s. p. 1688.
- Charles, William, m Abigail Balie, by Mr. Jefuery Magst, in Rode Island, 14—. Issue: 1 William (2) b July 13, 1661—2 Daniell b Sept 24, 1666—3 John b Nov 22, 1668—4 Jane b Jany 20, 1670, d July 12, 1688—5 Elizabeth b Jan 8, 167—6 Samuel b Mar 22, 1674—7 Isacke b Mar 12, 1676.
- Charles, Elizabeth, d of William, & Abigail, m 1st John Long, Aug 11, 1687, m 2d “at a quarterly meeting,” Dec 16, 1688, Samuel Nicholson.
- Charles, William, Dept this Life Augst 6, 1677. His wife Abigail m 2d John Lary, 21 —. Issue: Sarah Lary b Sept 15, 1680. Abigail Lury m 3d Francis Toms (1), Jan 6, 1683, issue: Abigail Toms, b Dec 10, 1684. Abigail Toms died Mar 17, 1687.
- Charles, William (2), m Elizabeth Kent (b June 1, 1667) Nov 8, 1683, issue: Jane b Oct 1, 1685.
- William Charles made his will (Co not given, but certainly in Perq) dated April 7, 1687. He bequeathed to brother John 120a of land, & to dau Jane “plantation I now live on” wife Elizabeth. Ex Francis Tomes (father) step-father, & Jonathan Philips (Phelps). All of Perq County.
- Daniell, Charles, d. s. p. (will Perq) April 17, 1687, names brothers: John, & Samuel, sister Jeane. Ex Francis Tomas (Toms) & Christopher — (Nicholson).
- John Charles, also d. s. p. His will not dated & no Co given, names brother Samuel.
- The will of Jeane Charles, Perq Precinct, July 11, 1688, names only Aunt Marie Stepney, & John Stepney, brothers, & father, but not named. Coat of Arms on Seal.
- Charles, Samuel, m Elizabeth Jones, (d of Peter Jones Sr) no date, issue: 1 Jean b Dec 10, 1697—2 Elizabeth b Sept 22, 1700—3 Samuel (2) b Aug 20, 1703—4 John b Dec 22, 1705, m Mary, & had s William (3) b May 27, 1738.
- Charles, John, dec’d 28, 3mo 1740, Margaret Relict. (Division of his Est Perq Co.)
- Charles, John & William, were gr-sons of Peter Jones Sr, (Will Perq Co April Court 1752.)
- Samuel Charles will Perq Co, p Mar 1728, names son Samuel, to whom he left a plan’ “on which I live” son John “land on Gum Swamp” son Josuay same, dau’s Lidey, Sarah, & Hannaugh Charles. Gr-dau Elizabeth Overman.
- Hannah Charles, who was 2d wife of Samuel Charles, also made her will in Perq, p July 1752. She names son Edward Moulin, & dau’s Elizabeth White, Sarah Perry, & Ann Cox, son-in-law Robert Cox, gr-dau Mary Moulin, (d of John), & gr-son John Moulin. (She was d of Joshua Toms, m 1 Ezekiel Maudlin, 2 Samuel Charles.)
- William Charles (s of John, b 1738) will Perq p Jan 1771. Sons: William, Joshua, Aaron, & John, bro-in-law John Henby, wife Jane, d Margaret, father-in-law Aaron Albertson, Ex.
- John Charles, will p Perq Co, Jan 1780. Son Daniel, brother Benjamin, wife Elizabeth, & Ralph Fletcher Exrs.
- Samuel Charles m Hannah Davis, Oct 7, 1722, issue: Hannah b Dec 5, 1723.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).