- Spelled variously on the Perq Records. John Cheston had a grt for land in perquimans Precinct, 300a on the mouth of Yawpim Creek, at the mouth of Chestons Cove, adj John Wyate. April 20, 1694. Richard Chaston grant, 200a on Perq River, adj Peter Gray, April 20, 1694.
- Chastone, Roger, m Elizabeth, Cowley, May 5, 16— issue: 1 John b Oct 5, 1661—m Elizabeth Long (d of James, & Elis) Aug 21, 1684. Issue: 1 Sarah b Jany 20, 1663, m John Hopkins Jan 14, 168—. 2 Deborah b Dec 22, 1665, m Walter Green. (No date.)
- Walter Green had a grt for land in Perq, 400a, at the mouth of “little Creeque” & Yawpim Creeque, “in precinct of Berkley” 1681.
- Roger Chasten Dep this Life Aprill 9, 1669. Elizabeth Chasten m 2d Thomas Harloe (widower) Jan 26, 1672, & 3d Robert Incoson, 167—. He m 2d Ann.
- Chaston, John & Elizabeth (Long) had issue: 1 James b May 11, 1692, m 2d Sarah —. Issue: 2 Elizabeth b May 11, 1692, d Dec 17, 1693.
- Chesten, Elizabeth, wife of John d December 24, 1687.
- Chasten, John, d May 13, 1695.
- Chesten, Richard, m Anne Garrett (sister of Daniel, & Wm) had issue: 1 Sarah b May 17, 1689—2 Daniel b May 3, 1692—3 Daniel (2d by name) b May 1, 1697.
- Cheston, Richard, had 200a in Perq prior to 1700. (Rent Roll, Perq Co.)
- Cheston Richard (2), m Elizabeth — & had issue: 1 Rachel b Sept 8, 1726—2 Richard (3) b Feby 27, 1727/8—3 Elizabeth b Apl 7, 1730—4 Mary b Feby 27, 1731/2—5 Joseph b May 6, 1735.
- Cheaston, Richard, will Perq Co p Nov 22, 1715, names son Richard (2) wife Anne, gr-son Daniell Layton. Ex Joseph Jessop, & son Richard.
- Anne Chesson, will Perq p Jan 17, 1727. Sons: John, James, & Joshua, sister Esbell Garrett. Ex Daniel, & Wm Garrett, (brothers).
- James Chesson (s of John, & Elizabeth, b Nov 8, 1675) m 1st Sarah, & had a dau Elizabeth b May 11, 1692. He m 2d Ann, who was mentioned in his will p in Perq Co, May 19, 1729, naming sons: John, & James (2) & wife Anne. Ex Wm Egerton. (See deeds in Perq, for Chesson.)
- John & Richard Chesson were probably brothers, & it is thought that Roger was their father, although they are not named as his children, in Berkeley Par Reg. They migrated from Perq, to Washington Co N. C.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).