- Joshua Davis and Lavania Davis, 3 June 1852
- Minuard J. Sawyer to Margaret K. Davis Oct. 23 ____.
- Joshua Davis to Eliza A. Simpson 14 Jan 1875
- David J. Smithson to Nancy Davis 5 Dec 1878
- Joshua Davis to Margaret E. Scott 16 Jan 1879
- Phillip G. Pritchard to Mary E. Dailey 20 Oct 1881
- Joshua Davis, son of Adam Davis and Martha his wife, was born 13 Jan 1831.
- Lavania Davis, daughter of John Davis and Keturah his wife, was born 13 Jan 1833.
Children of Joshua and Lavania Davis:
- Margaret born 15 April 1856
- Luther W. born 28 Mar 1858
- Nancy born 20 April 1860
- Mary E. born 25 Sept 1862
- Martha born 25 July 1866
- Keziah born 4 Feb 1869
- Mary Lavinia, daughter of M. C. Sawyer and Maggie his wife, was born 4 Aug 1874.
- Eliza Ann Simpson, daughter of Robert Simpson and Eliza his wife, was born 9 Mar 1850.
- Martin Davis, son of Joshua Davis and Eliza his wife, was born 25 Apr 1876.
- Effie Sawyer, daughter of Minuard J. Sawyer and Maggie his wife, was born 13 Sept 1879.
- Margaret W. Sawyer, daughter of M. J. Sawyer and Maggie his wife, was born 24 Nov 1878.
- Margaret E. Scott, daughter of M. Scott and Phoebe his wife, was born 19 Oct 1854.
- Martin T. Davis, son of Joshua Davis and M. E. his wife, was born 20 Dec 1879.
- Eldon M. Davis, son of Joshua Davis and M. E. his wife, was born 7 Dec 1881.
- Lavania Davis, wife of Joshua Davis, died 18 July 1873.
- Luther W. Davis, son of Joshua Davis and Lavinia, died 15 Oct 1879.
- Mary B. Pritchard, wife of Phillip G. Pritchard, died 30 March 1880.
- Clifford Pritchard, son of Phillip Pritchard and Mary his wife, died 17 July 1885.
- Joshua Davis died 27 May 1886.
- Eliza Ann Davis, wife of Joshua Davis, died 26 April 1876.
- Martin S. Davis died 23 June 1876.
- Sanford Davis, son of Joshua and Mary E. Davis, born and died 22 July 188?.
Source: North Carolina Bible Records – Compiled by Wilma Cartwright Spence and Edna Morrisette Shannonhouse (1973).
NOTE: Joshua Davis was born in Perquimans County, North Carolina. His father died when he was about 15 years old. Soon after the death of his father he and his two younger brothers, Adam and Edmond, went to live with their older brother, Captain Warren Davis, and his wife, Jane Rebecca, who lived just across the river in Pasquotank County. Joshua Davis remained the rest of his life in Pasquotank County, although he owned land from his birthplace in the Little River section of Perquimans County.
Joshua Davis’s will was written 7 May 1884 and probated 3 Jun 1886 in Pasquotank Co., NC.
–Susan C. Griffin