- Zachariah (1) Nixon (s of Zachariah, of Nottingham, Parish of North Masrom, Eng) m in Perq Co, Elizabeth Page (d of Hask? or Mark Page dec’d, of Albemarle) “according to Quaker rites, 2, 1mo 1681,” issue: 1 Damaris, b 8, 6mo 1682—2 Zacharias, b 22, 3 mo 1684—3 Barnabe, b 21, 11mo 1687—4 Francis,? b 20, 8mo 1689. (Quaker Record Pasq Co.)
- Nixon, Zachariah, took up 323a of land in Pasquotank Co, 1684 on N. E. side of Little River, “adj lands where Wm Turner now dwells, running to the mouth of said River.” Zachariah Nixon, “dying intestate, his son Zachariah surviving him, inherited said land, and cultivated it for several years, who dying bequeathed same to his sons: Zachariah, & Barnabee” the first made choice of that part adj Wm Turner, and Barnabee the part near the main Road, running to the old School House.” Zachariah “moving” sold his part 152½a at public vendue, for £100, after having laid out part thereof, in half acre lots, for a Town-ship, and the rest for a common, known by the name of Nixonton, formerly called Wind Mill Point.” 9, 5mo 1748. (Records Pasq Co, N. C.)
- Nixon, Zachariah (1), died 3, 12mo 1691. Mary Page “Laid down the body,” 4, 5mo 1680.
- Nixon, Zachariah (3) had a grt for land in Perq county, Jan 21, 1712/3, 105a “in the fork of Little River, adj John Tomlin.” Another grt in Chowan Co, 110a “in the fork of Coniby Creek Swamp, adj Edward Moseley.” Xber 21, 1712.
- Nixon, Zachariah, of Perq Co sold to Aaron Morris of Pasq “two half acre lotts, in Nixonton, on Water Street, adj Jos Newby Jr, con’ £38.” July 9, 1748.
- Nixon, Zachariah, of Perquimans (Planter) and Elizabeth his wife, conveyed to Wm Simpson of Nixonton (Merchant) for “£15-10s, ½a lot in said Town, on the South end, near the Ship-yard.” Oct 6, 1750. (Records Pasq Co, N. C.)
- Nixon, Zachariah (3), m Elizabeth Symons (d of Thomas, & Rebecca) “at a Meeting at Symons Creek, Pasq Co” 11, 1mo 1707/8, issue: 1 John, b 18, 10mo 1708—2 Phineas, b 7, 1mo 1710—3 Zacharias (4), b 15, 4 mo 1713—4 Rebeckah, b 11, 6mo 1715—(m Francis Toms Jr)—5 Mary, b 25, 6mo 1717—6 Hannah Newby, b —, 1mo 1718—7 Elizabeth, b 23, 4mo 1720—8 Barnabe (2), b 28, 3mo 1724.
- Nixon, Zachariah, (s of Zachariah) “father of above children,” b 22, 3mo 1684, died 12, 8mo 1739. (Quaker Records Perq Co.) His will, p in Perq Oct 1739, names sons: John, Phineas, Zachariah, & Barnaby, dau Rebecca Toms, gr-children: Joshua, & Mary Moore.
- Nixon, Barnaby (1), appears to have moved to Va, and lived in Prince George Co.
- Nixon, John (1), m 1st Elizabeth (d of Gabriel Newby, & Mary née Toms) issue: Elizabeth, b 29, 4mo 1733. He m for his 2d wife, Mary (d of Wm Enervigin) 4, 1mo 1736, issue: 2 Miriam, b 16, 11mo 1736. Mary Nixon, wife of John, died 12, 10mo 1738. By the 3rd wife (name unknown) 3 Zachariah, b 20, 8mo 1744—4 Huldah, b 2, 11mo 1746—5 John, b 20, 5mo 1748—6 Ezra, b 17, 12mo 1751, d 14, 12mo 1773. John Nixon m 4th Hannah Albertson (d of Nathaniel, b 18, 2mo 1719) 10, 3mo 1753, issue; 7 Mary, b 10, 12mo 1753—8 Lidda, b 14, 3mo 1756, d 12, 11mo 1767—9 Frederick, & Abigall (twins), b 4, 11mo 1758. Hannah Nixon d 18, 2mo 1793.
- Nixon, Zachariah (5), (s of John) m Mary White (d of John) 15, 9mo 1771, issue: 1 John (2), b 23, 10mo 1772—2 Margaret, b 8, 10mo 1775—3 Zachariah (6), b 10, 3mo 1778—4 William, b 5, 1mo 1781—5 Benjamin, b 19, 8mo 1784—6 Frederick, b 23, 7mo 1791—Sarah, b 14, 7mo 1786—7 Ann Skinner Nixon, b 15, 8mo 1794.
- Nixon, Frederick, died 6, 9mo 1793; Sarah, his sister, d 16, 9mo 1793.
- Nixon, Phineas, (s of Zachariah, & Elizabeth Symons) m Mary Pierce (d of Thomas, & Mary née Jones, d of Peter, & Mary Jones) issue: 1 Elizabeth, b 18, 12mo 1731/2—2 Mary, b 9, 7mo 1734—3 Rebeckah, b 27, 4mo 1741—Thomas, b 12, 2mo 1745—Sarah, b 17, 12mo 1756/7. Phineas Nixon “an Elder departed this Life” 28, 12mo 1771. His will p in Perq, Mch 11, 1772, names sons: Pierce, Barnaby, & Phineas, gr-sons: Nathan, & Phineas (sons of Thomas) dau-in-law Sarah Nixon, wife Mary, dau’s Rebecca Arnold, Sarah Albertson (wife of Benjamin), Elizabeth Lamb, Jemima, Hannah, & Kesiah Nixon, children of Mary Elliott; viz., Gabriel, Miriam, & Nixon Elliott.
- Nixon, Thomas, (s of Phineas) m Sarah Smith (d of John) 13, 3mo 1768, issue: 1 Nathan, b 11 5mo 1769—2 Phineas (3), b 28, 11mo 1770. Thomas Nixon (s of Phineas) died 2, 11mo 1771, age 27 years.
- Nixon, Pierce, (s of Phineas) m Penninah Smith (d of John) 16, 12mo 1770, issue: 1 Joseph, b 15, 10mo 1771—2 Rachel, b 1, 12mo 1773—3 Thomas (2), b 30, 1mo 1776—4 Mary, b 27, 2mo 1779—5 William, b 26, 10mo 1781—6 Jacob, b 28, 2mo 1784.
- Nixon, Peninah “departed this Life” 17, 5mo 1787.
- Nixon, Phineas, (s of Thomas dec’d) m Miriam Jones (d of Joseph) 13, 10mo 1808, his will probated in Perq, Aug 1813. Wife Miriam, child in ésse; other Leg: Abigail, Charles, Mary Nicholson (d of Thomas), Huldah Bundy (d of Josiah Jr). George, & Josiah Bundy Exrs.
- Nixon, Nathan, (eldest s of Thomas, & Sarah (Smith) ) m Lydia Anderson 6, 3mo 1793, “at Welles Meeting house” issue: 1 Thomas, b 23, 1mo 1794—2 Lydia, b 29, 1mo 1797. He m 2d Margaret Bagley (d of Nathan) 14, 6mo 1798, issue: 3 Sarah, b 13, 9mo 1800—4 Phineas, b 2, 14mo 1803. His will p in Perq, Feb 1810. Wife Margaret, son John, Dau’s: Sarah, & Pheribe Nixon. Brother Phineas, & Francis White Exrs.
- Nixon, Zachariah (6), m Martha Toms (d of Foster) 8, 5mo 1793, issue: 1 Joseph, b 12, 9mo 1794—2 Foster, b 7, 10mo 1796—3 Mary, b 21, 11mo 1798—4 Zachariah, b 16, 9mo 1800, d 7, 7mo 1806—5 John, b 22, 5mo 1803—6 Sarah, b 20, 12mo 1805, d 18, 7mo 1806—7 Toms Nixon, b 14, 5mo 1807—8 Elizabeth, b 27, 7mo 1811.
- Nixon, Barnabe, (son of Zachariah, & Elizabeth (Symons) ) b 28, 3mo 1724, m Sarah Newby, “at Symons Creek,” 1, 1mo 1753.
- Nixon, Zachariah, (s of Zachariah, & Elizabeth Symons, b 1713) m Elizabeth Nicholson, June 10, 1734, issue: Francis, b 2, 2mo 1735—2 Mehetebell, b 15, 11mo 1738—3 Zachery, b 10, 10mo 1741. He seems to have died intestate. The will of his wife Elizabeth, is however probated in Perq, July 1769. She names son Francis; gr-children: Joseph Nixon, Zachariah, Miriam, Caroline, Christopher, & Samuel Nicholson; Margaret, Miriam, Jonathan, Mourning, & Elizabeth Newby; gr-sons: Zachariah Newby, & Jonathan Phelps, gr-dau Elizabeth Winslow, Benjamin Phelps, Dorothy Phelps, Mourning Henley & Elizabeth Toms. Sons: Zachariah, & Francis Exrs.
- Nixon, Francis (1), m Kesiah Pierce (d of Thomas, & sister of Mary wife of Phineas Nixon). She was a widow Newby when he married her about 1760. (Kesiah m 3d Samuel Pritlow.) His will p in Perq, Jan 1773. Wife Keziah, her former husband Nathan Newby (2) sons: John, James, Samuel, & Thomas.
- Nixon, Samuel (1), will p in Perq, Nov 1815, Wife Sarah, daus: Elizabeth Copeland, Margaret, Sarah, Peninah, Mary, Ann, Kesia, & Martha Nixon, sons: Samuel, Francis, brother Wm Jones, son-in-law Henry Copeland Exrs.
- Nixon, John, (s of Nathan dec’d) m Anna Henby (d of Thomas) 9, 4mo, 1815.
- Nixon, Samuel (2), m Rachel Copeland, 2, 1mo 1793. (Wells Mo Meeting, Perq Co.
- Nixon, John, m Ann Morris (Intention) 20, 9mo 1794. (Pasq Mo Meeting.)
- Nixon, James, m Sarah Robinson, 17, 10mo 1795. (Pasq Mo Meeting.)
- Nixon, John, was made an Elder in Quaker Meeting Pasq Co, 15, 2mo 1786.
- Nixon, John, removed to “Wain Co N. C.” and was given a certificate from the meeting in Pasq county, to “Contentnea Meeting” in Wayne Co, with children: Lydia, Sarah, Dorothy, Thomas, Josiah, & Mary, 1790.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).
Posted under: Early Families of Perquimans County
Tagged as: Albertson, Anderson, Arnold, Bagley, Bundy, Copeland, Elliott, Enervigin, Henby, Henley, Jones, Lamb, Morris, Moseley, Newby, Nicholson, Nixon, Page, Phelps, Pierce, Pritlow, Simpson, Smith, Symons, Tomlin, Toms, Turner, White, Winslow