- William Woolard gave a power of Att’ to Mr John Cary, “to make Clayme” for the Estate of Justinian Cooper dec’d of Isle of Wight Co Va, Feb 20, 1666.
- William Woolard, late of Harwich, in Essex, Mariner, now resident of Isle of Wight Va, M’chant, heir of Justinian Cooper dec’d, 1671. (Isle of Wight records.)
- William Woolard m dau of John Philpot, prior to Sept 19, 1694, who names him in his will, on that date. William Woolard will Perq Co, p Feb 2, 1691/2, names only wife Sarah.
- Richard Woolard next to appear in Perq, m Jane Richards Feby 1, 1703, issue: Richard (s of Richard, & Jane) b Feby 23, 1704—2 Mary, b Jan 19, 1706/7, d July 20, 1708. From Berkeley Parish Reg we gain the information that he had a former wife Ann, who “died last of Oct 1702.” He with wife Ann made a deed in Perq July 24, 1702. Richard Woolard died Feby 4, 1706/7.
- The will of Richard Woolard, p in Perq, April 8, 1707. Sons: John, & Richard, dau’s: Hannah Boros, & Ann Woolard, wife Jane.
- Woolard, William, (2) will Chowan Co, p May 1762, Dau Sarah, wife Mary, other Leg: Jeremiah Frazier, Thomas Beasley, sister Mary Hopkins, Mary, & George Beasley (children of John) wife, & son-in-law John Beasley Exrs. In the Division of the Estate of James Beasley, Chowan Co N. C., Mary Woolard is named as his “Mother.” Her will Chowan, p Nov 17, 1788, she names “son John Beasley, dau Mary Bunch, gr-children: Ann, Jeremiah, & Richard Frazier, (children of Jeremiah) gr-son Francis Beasley (s of John) gr-dau Mary Vail, gr-dau’s: Sarah Roberts, & Sarah Beasley, gr-son John Frazier (s of Jeremiah), Sarah Woolard, (d of John Evans). Robert Evans had dau Miriam who m — Woolard. (See division of his Estate.)
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).
Posted under: Early Families of Perquimans County
Tagged as: Beasley, Boros, Bunch, Cary, Cooper, Evans, Frazier, Hopkins, Philpot, Richards, Roberts, Woolard