- Jeffrie Wright was granted 50a of land in Norfolk Co Va, for his own trans’ lying in Linkhorn (Princess Anne Co). John Wright a subject in the Colony at Jamestown, Jan 1609 (Browns Genesis to America). Thomas Wright had 250a of land granted him, Dec 16, 1647, for trans’ Peter, & Robert Langley, & Ursula Baylie. He made his will in Isle of Wight Co Va, p Sept 9, 1701, naming sons: John, (who was under age) James, “all my Coopers tools,” Thomas, & Joseph, dau Mary, wife Elizabeth. Test’ George, & Violet Wright.
- Ann, William, & Joseph Wright of Nansemond Co Va, acted as Exrs, of the will of John Wright of Albemarle, Gent; Sept 14, 1694. Ann Wright here mentioned is named in the will of William Townsend of Perq Co, as daughter, April 1767. Christopher Wright, & wife Elizabeth of N. C. “late of Princess Anne Co Va,” sold to Simon Stone, a plantation on Western Shore of Princess Anne Co, 462½a, 352½a of which was purchased of Cornelius Calvert, & Elizabeth his wife, Nov 1751. Seal Nov 20, 1778. Dr Wright was brother of John, and both were sons of Wm Wright of Nansemond Co, who died 1750. Stephen Wright m Katherine Bond, Aug 13, 1724, in Princess Anne Co. William Wright m Mary Butt, Feb 15, 1744, same county. Samuel Wright petitioned for Adm of Estate of Comfort Dowdy, dec’d, “being nearest kin” (no date). He died in Perq Co, before July 16, 1757, when his Estate was divided; heirs: Thomas, Mary, Hannah, Samuel Wright. His Inventory Dec 3, 1757, Elizabeth Wright Admix. Said Elizabeth is named in the will of Thomas Barclift, as daughter, Jan 1750/1.
- Samuel Wright (1) in Perq, will p July 29, 1718, sons: Thomas, & Samuel.
- Samuel Wright (2) will Perq, p April 1754. Sons: Thomas, & Samuel, daughters: Mary, & Hannah, wife Elizabeth, one of the witnesses; Jermine Dowdy.
- Benjamin Wright, m Ann Townsend, Dec 7, 1762. (Mar bonds Perq Co.)
- John Wright, m Tamar Johnson, July 8, 1791. (Mar bonds Perq Co.)
- John Wright above was son of Thomas, whose will p in Perq, Jan 1790, names son John, and William, dau’s: Sarah, and Ann Biggs, sons: Joseph, & James.
- The will of Elizabeth Wright, p in Perq, Jan 1785, names Dau: Elizabeth Wordsworth, gr-son Samuel Wright, dau-in-law Mourning Wright, son-in-law Enoch Raper, gr-dau Fanny Raper, son Thomas.
Source: History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Rawlings Winslow, (1931).
Posted under: Early Families of Perquimans County
Tagged as: Barclift, Baylie, Biggs, Bond, Butt, Calvert, Dowdy, Johnson, Langley, Raper, Stone, Townsend, Wordsworth, Wright