Known publications, including places to purchase if known:
(If something is out of print, check Ebay and Abebooks and other secondary-market booksellers.)
- Postcards from Rockingham County – contains reprints of over 50 historic postcards
- Rockingham County: A Brief History, by Lindley S. Butler; published by NC Department of Cultural Resources, Division of Archives & History, Raleigh ~ can be purchased from NC Historical Publications Shop
- Rockingham County Will Abstracts, Volume I: 1785-1865, & Vol II: 1865-1915, by Irene B. Webster, published by Southern Historical Press
- Mountain Press
- Abstracts of Land Warrants, Rockingham County, NC, 1778-1929, by Dr. A. B. Pruitt, privately published by ABP Abstracts ~ ignore Earthlink web address; mailing address at bottom; website also has good articles on land records
- Rockingham County, North Carolina, Deed Abstracts 1785-1800, by Irene B. Webster, published by Southern Historical Press
- Rockingham County, North Carolina, Marriage Records 1785-1868, by Frances T. Ingmire, Iberian Publishing Co., Athens GA
- Rockingham County, NC, Road and Bridge Records: Broken Series, 1822-1893, by Stewart Dunaway, privately published on Lulu (use book title link)
- The Papers of David Settle Reid (1813-1891), Volumes 1 & 2 ~ can be purchased from NC Historical Publications Shop
- Rockingham County Heritage Book, ©1982 (2004 Reprint)
- The Journal of Rockingham County History and Genealogy
There are publications for sale listed on the website for the Genealogical Society of Rockingham and Stokes Counties. The website needs a lot of updates, so it would be wise to contact them about current availability before ordering anything through the mail.
Publications from the James Hunter Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution ~ these include a variety of subjects.